There are 96 users in the forums

Antonio Brown

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Disagree with every word of this post.

I don't think he will put up the same numbers he's been putting up in Pitt...you can't assume he will here. I do think he can still be a top 10 WR here no doubt.
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
I would drop Pittsburgs pick for the 2019 draft to a 3rd and it seems about right.

Of course, I thought at most Mack would be a pair of conditional 2nds and Cooper a 3rd, so I dont know jack.

You can't move the 2nd overall pick...not a chance. Not unless its for a premium talent that's heading into the prime of their career (like Mack).

People gotta stop with that nonsense in here. End of the day Pitt HAS to move Brown before the his March roster bonus is due...which will be well before the draft. You can't lose out on the possibility of getting Bosa
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I thought I saw that he was 28 - oh, well than I'll go for someone like OBJ - who I know is under 30.

The GM already said they aren't trading him....they wouldn't give him $90 million just to trade him in less than a yr.

I have no idea why you wouldn't want AB on this team.

I have no idea why you'd want a bad attitude like his in the locker room. Have you not been keeping up with how hes been behaving? The way he acts towards teammates and coaches has been deplorable. There's no doubt he is a great player, but man, hes a terribly selfish, ridiculously narcissistic individual. He'd have to come a lot cheaper than what they'll be asking, and have a behavior clause to keep his crazy ass in line. Not worth the headache in my opinion. I mean, he got bent out of shape because Schuster got voted team mvp. That's some petty, childish b******t.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I have no idea why you'd want a bad attitude like his in the locker room. Have you not been keeping up with how hes been behaving? The way he acts towards teammates and coaches has been deplorable. There's no doubt he is a great player, but man, hes a terribly selfish, ridiculously narcissistic individual. He'd have to come a lot cheaper than what they'll be asking, and have a behavior clause to keep his crazy ass in line. Not worth the headache in my opinion. I mean, he got bent out of shape because Schuster got voted team mvp. That's some petty, childish b******t.

We're not the ones in there man. I highly doubt it's JUST him. Big Ben has been a childish piece of s**t and the center of just about everything wrong there for yrs. He get's a pass on the regular though.

IMO it's the coaching staff (and yes some of the players no doubt) it's not like it's been one player either.... Tomlin has been known to favor certain players and his lack of discipline shows.

narcissistic is a bit much dude. A LOT of these skilled position players can be full of themselves, always have been. IMO I think our lock room can handle Brown and he becomes the star on offense ( looks like we got our captains all signing off on it like JG, Kittle, Sherm, Kittle). He's also one of the hardest working guys in football and expects the guys around him to be the same.

We had people in here saying they didn't want Sherm because he was an ass and full of himself....how'd that work out?

SF NEEDS I repeat NEEDS talent and proven stars. It's yr 3 of the rebuild and it's time to take some chances on PROVEN players. IF Brown was a angel he wouldn't even be talked about as a trade candidate.

He needs a new scene and I'm on board, as long as the compensation is fair. The 2nd overall pick is untouchable unless is a massive haul.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 11, 2019 at 6:12 AM ]
Was listening to the radio. They had two NFL guys in and borhchave said from what they hear it would take a 3rd rd pick and some compensation to get Brown.

If in reality that's all it takes... you pull that trigger
With the current situation, the max I offer is the Aex Smith deal. 2nd this year, 2nd next.

I think it's fair to consider the #2 untouchable for a guy who is over 30 and pushing his way off the team.

Then if Bosa goes off the board #1, I trade back a few picks to recoup those 2nd rounders.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Was listening to the radio. They had two NFL guys in and borhchave said from what they hear it would take a 3rd rd pick and some compensation to get Brown.

Our third is pretty much a late second anyways lol

We traded Vance Mcdonalds to them they have to return the favor lol

I'm still not buying this. There's going to be too much demand for him to not be at least a 2nd IMO.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I would drop Pittsburgs pick for the 2019 draft to a 3rd and it seems about right.

Of course, I thought at most Mack would be a pair of conditional 2nds and Cooper a 3rd, so I dont know jack.

You can't move the 2nd overall pick...not a chance. Not unless its for a premium talent that's heading into the prime of their career (like Mack).

People gotta stop with that nonsense in here. End of the day Pitt HAS to move Brown before the his March roster bonus is due...which will be well before the draft. You can't lose out on the possibility of getting Bosa

Nah I'm just spit ballin here, I agree, I wouldn't want Lynch to move the #2 overall pick. But at the end of the day the 49ers are gonna have to outbid all the teams that have much more cap space and picks than the 9ers.
I wouldn't trade any of our top 3 picks this year since we have so few. If they would take a #2 next year when we have more picks and hopefully won't be drafting so early I would do it. If things go well we would be drafting between 15-20.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Nah I'm just spit ballin here, I agree, I wouldn't want Lynch to move the #2 overall pick. But at the end of the day the 49ers are gonna have to outbid all the teams that have much more cap space and picks than the 9ers.

Gotcha

also IMO I don't think their gonna have to outbid a ton of teams. Cap space is a nonissue with SF, but end of the day if Brown doesn't want to play for said team, why would that team give up a buttload of draft capital? He could just hold out or be a problem on that team. No one is gonna give up a massive haul if that player doesn't want to play for you. Imagine him going to Buffalo lol....that would go over great.

I also don't see Pitt trading to the AFC or another contender (so teams drafting late).

we will see...it's funny you see fans of the Browns, Bills, Ravens, NE etc saying they have a shot cause IMO they don't
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I wouldn't trade any of our top 3 picks this year since we have so few. If they would take a #2 next year when we have more picks and hopefully won't be drafting so early I would do it. If things go well we would be drafting between 15-20.

Who cares how few we have? You're getting pro-bowl player at a position of need right now. Let's stop acting like a 2nd or 3rd rd pick will equal a player the caliber of AB over the course the next 3 yrs.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Michael Irvin is a dumbass lol nobody expects the second pick of the draft to be traded for him.

A second round pick? I say yes. Two third rounders? Hell yes.
Get Brown and still have our first and second round picks? Wicked.
Share 49ersWebzone