LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Adam Peters - Commanders GM Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Where the hell is the AB thread on Ninertalk? We need one now, dammit.

We have 2 threads, one in the FA forum :

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/free-agency/191839-would-you-rather-trade-antonio-brown-odell-beckham/page8/

and one in NFL talk :

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/191394-antonio-brown/page65/

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by longterm9erfan:
Originally posted by NCommand:
...wasted picks on Foster, William's, BeatHard, Pettis, Street, etc.

2019 = 5 draft picks

"We're going to draft our way out of this." ~ John Lynch

Good luck with that John.

I hear you, NC, although I think the jury is still out on Pettis and Street. It does appear the 2018 draft choices are better than 2017, but it doesn't seem likely that the front office, as it is currently configured, can draft their way out of this. That would require a huge jump in competence and performance. I like the idea of hiring Scot McCloughan as a consultant for this draft. Larry krueger of KNBR suggested this several weeks ago and I'm on board with it.

Yeah, that was a post from back in November.

I didn't mean to imply the players themselves are a waste but for each of those guys we gave up extra picks to move up to get them...plus an ACL guy.

So if you're building through the draft, you may want to be smarter about giving picks away.
Absolutely, NC. This is why the team only have 5 picks in the draft currently, which is really an issue when you are coming off of a 4 win season. I do think the team is heading in the right direction in general. There is some good young talent that has been added, and in terms of UFAs, the team has done as well as anyone over the past couple of years. They have also drafted well in the late rounds. However, Lynch / Peters / Shanahan need to add at least 2 real difference makers on defense this off-season. Hopefully, they will step up to that challenge. I still want McCloughan to help.

Cheers!
Get out of here jets

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Get out of here jets

I'm sure Adam wants no part of that chit show(at least I hope not)

Don't mess with crazy eyes!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Get out of here jets

I hope you are right, but throw enough money in the picture and even Adam Peters will cave in.
Do not let this guy leave
Houston?
Originally posted by Giedi:
Get out of here jets

I hope you are right, but throw enough money in the picture and even Adam Peters will cave in.

Uncle Fester's grandson
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Houston?

I hope not.

They can have lynch

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Do not let this guy leave

This
You don't go trolling a 4-12 team with a bouquet of roses for front office guys.
Plenty of other candidates for Houston to pick from.
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
You don't go trolling a 4-12 team with a bouquet of roses for front office guys.
Plenty of other candidates for Houston to pick from.

Oh yeah you're right. That must be why multiple teams were trying to raid Kyle Shanahan's coaching staff this past off-season.
I think a lot of these hires are based on past experience working with guys on another team or maybe just knowing them through networking. I don't know any other reason for raiding coaching staffs of teams that haven't been successful. If you had a good working relationship with a guy at another job his name will come up as a candidate and he comes in for the interview. Some of them are anxious to get out of a bad situation so they make it known to friends on other teams that they are available.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Get out of here jets

Uncle Fester's grandson
Share 49ersWebzone