LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Adam Peters - Commanders GM Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Never heard of him

Only Niner fans know who he is, so that makes sense.

Reported for questioning my level of fandom.

Ive heard Seahawks fans with more positive things to say about the 49ers than you. Excuse my skepticism.
Ive heard Seahawks fans with more positive things to say about the 49ers than you. Excuse my skepticism.

You're not supposed to say anything positive about your own team. That's blind homerism!
Someone in NT predicted awhile back that Lynch would eventually become President of Football Operations and Peters would become GM.

I wish I could remember who it was because that appears to be a solid prediction.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Someone in NT predicted awhile back that Lynch would eventually become President of Football Operations and Peters would become GM.

I wish I could remember who it was because that appears to be a solid prediction.

I feel like a lot of people have hypothesized this. It's hard to say where it began. I've seen this posted multiple times on here, on the subreddit and on another message board.

You're welcome.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by 4912:
Man, we are in such a great position right now from top to bottom in this organization.

We really are, but I suspect (fear) Peters will be running his own NFL team very, very soon....

Probably not for a long time. If he ever gets an interview call, we'll simply elevate his title and give him more $ like the Pack did for both of their guys.

Yep that's really the only answer in trying to retain talented people, you got to pay them more money. The patriots tried with Garappolo, but he wanted to play. At some point, if Peters is as talented as McDrunk, he'll be a GM somewhere else. This last years draft class was outstanding and if he hits on another one, what out, he'll be a wanted man and I don't think you can prevent him from leaving.

John Lynch better learn everything he can from Peters while he's still with us.

No way. We'll simply make him GM here and Lynch will be retitled to what he really is...President of Football Operations.

I dunno, with Gruden getting 10 million a year and 10 years, I don't know if Peters can resist the money. I'd have bet CC's house that Gruden wouldn't sign with the Raiders. But he did. I don't really know much about Peters, but you also have to give credit to Kyle and his eye for talent too.
I dunno, with Gruden getting 10 million a year and 10 years, I don't know if Peters can resist the money. I'd have bet CC's house that Gruden wouldn't sign with the Raiders. But he did. I don't really know much about Peters, but you also have to give credit to Kyle and his eye for talent too.

I get that. This deal certainly changes the landscape for sure and it may now effect all HC's and GM's going forward. So who knows.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I feel like a lot of people have hypothesized this. It's hard to say where it began. I've seen this posted multiple times on here, on the subreddit and on another message board.

I think a lot of people came up with this scenario, just as soon as the threats to burn down the stadium started to taper off there was the assumption that Lynch would have more of a VP of Football Ops type role with his personnel guy being the de facto GM.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I get that. This deal certainly changes the landscape for sure and it may now effect all HC's and GM's going forward. So who knows.
Also add to that - the fact of the HC/GM dynamic. The GM can get the players, but if the HC doesn't believe in that player, the HC isn't going to coach said player up. I think that happened in the Baalke/Harbaugh situation. In other words the HC has a great influence on whether a certain player develops or not, via reps and practice time. Kubiak leaves Denver and all of a sudden that franchise is in trouble. In other words was the drop in talent level in Denver because of Kubiak leaving or Peters leaving? Tough to figure that out, though.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I think a lot of people came up with this scenario, just as soon as the threats to burn down the stadium started to taper off there was the assumption that Lynch would have more of a VP of Football Ops type role with his personnel guy being the de facto GM.

You started that topic and people laughed at you for being too optimistic

Never heard of him

Only Niner fans know who he is, so that makes sense.

Reported for questioning my level of fandom.

You leave Sus alone!!

Let's just say it was me
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
You leave Sus alone!!

What? He's just being honest and telling it like it is
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
You leave Sus alone!!

What? He's just being honest and telling it like it is

Ha.
Originally posted by ncninerfan:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Watch! Some team is gonna hire him at the last second before the draft. LMAO.

Lol hopefully he wants to put a few years in here and see success build up.

And then York promotes Lynch to some EVP type position and makes Peters GM.

That would be my dream scenario.

Same here. Lynch would be very good in that role (bridging across the player and business side) and Peters is real player evaluator in the room already.
Share 49ersWebzone