• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
CEO right?

s**t, i dunno. Whatever he does, he sucks at it.

People can hate on him all they want but he did make the brilliant call to hire John Lynch. He took a big risk and we are all reaping the benefits from it

Shanny was the brilliant hire

Shanny picked Lynch

York is the final word on any GM hirings regardless of who the coaching candidates prefer. He had role to play with bringing them on board. Like it or not he deserves credit
Yeah, I'll give him credit, and he'll also get my blame for the Harbaugh screw up firing. But gotta admit, if no Kyle, no Garoppolo either. Just hoping Jed stays out of football operations for good.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
CEO right?

Kinda not really, though. Under his watch we got jim, Kyle, and a new stadium. That's some legit success in the NFL. You can hate his guts all you want, but he's done some good things.

The ironic thing about Jed is after letting Harbaugh go, he asked fans to hold him accountable and that we "SHOULD jump down his throat." So by constantly hating on him ever since, we're actually giving him what he asked for. Literally...

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I feel like a lot of people have hypothesized this. It's hard to say where it began. I've seen this posted multiple times on here, on the subreddit and on another message board.

I think a lot of people came up with this scenario, just as soon as the threats to burn down the stadium started to taper off there was the assumption that Lynch would have more of a VP of Football Ops type role with his personnel guy being the de facto GM.

Heh, wouldn't it be funny if we lost Peters because of an astounding 2018 49er draft and we get Mike Shanahan in his place.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I feel like a lot of people have hypothesized this. It's hard to say where it began. I've seen this posted multiple times on here, on the subreddit and on another message board.

I think a lot of people came up with this scenario, just as soon as the threats to burn down the stadium started to taper off there was the assumption that Lynch would have more of a VP of Football Ops type role with his personnel guy being the de facto GM.

Heh, wouldn't it be funny if we lost Peters because of an astounding 2018 49er draft and we get Mike Shanahan in his place.

I think that his career is now over.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

I think that his career is now over.

Meh, a father would always want to help his son, right?
Surprised he didn't yet have his own thread, so this is happening.

Absolutely love this hire more & more each day!!
CEO right?

Kinda not really, though. Under his watch we got jim, Kyle, and a new stadium. That's some legit success in the NFL. You can hate his guts all you want, but he's done some good things.

The ironic thing about Jed is after letting Harbaugh go, he asked fans to hold him accountable and that we "SHOULD jump down his throat." So by constantly hating on him ever since, we're actually giving him what he asked for. Literally...

In Hindsight letting Harbaugh go was the right move. That offense him and Roman ran was really hard to watch. The only reason we had success with him was Fangio and that amazing defense. Shanahan is the truth
Originally posted by NCommand:
Someone in NT predicted awhile back that Lynch would eventually become President of Football Operations and Peters would become GM.

I wish I could remember who it was because that appears to be a solid prediction.

You're welcome.

Hope you don't mind, but I pass that prediction off to my non-webzone friends as my own.

So thanks.

My man, claim that bad boy as your own anywhere you go.

For reference, I was so confident it would happen one day, I currently note it in my Team Info/Needs thread.

President of Football Operations/General Manager - John Lynch
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 6, 2018 at 7:12 AM ]
In Hindsight letting Harbaugh go was the right move. That offense him and Roman ran was really hard to watch. The only reason we had success with him was Fangio and that amazing defense. Shanahan is the truth

Agree on drop kicking JH. Fangio stepped into a fantastic situation w/Justin, Patrick, Navarro et al.

KS is The Man!

yeah looking at michigan now and it shows that he is slightly overrated. Maybe jed was half right. shouldve let go of both baalke and jim. but maybe we wouldnt have the hope we would have now with kyle, john, adam, and jimmy.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
CEO right?

Personally, that offense was dynamic when Harbaugh had the right pieces. Then we lost our speed decoy in Moss, our speed TE in Delanie, and I think Iupati (or was it Boone?) also was let go. Once the O line was weakened and we lost speed, that offense became ordinary. My point is that the *lack of success* under Harbaugh - if you can call 3 conference championships and a super bowl a *lack of success* - was more on the drafting side with Baalke than Harbaugh.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:

yeah looking at michigan now and it shows that he is slightly overrated. Maybe jed was half right. shouldve let go of both baalke and jim. but maybe we wouldnt have the hope we would have now with kyle, john, adam, and jimmy.

To be fair Michigan lost a ton of talent to the NFL last year, and I don't know if you can make that up in one year. Maybe he can do it in year two (so next year is critical for Harbaugh in Michigan). Point is that I think the Harbaugh that led Stanford to the top 10 and the 49ers to the super bowl is still that same coach. He's just having problems finding that Andrew Luck or that Colin Kaepernic for his Michigan offense. Look at what happened when Hoyer/BeatHard was benched for Jimmy GQ, so QB in college is just as impactful as in the pros, in my opinion. Give Harbaugh time to find that QB, and he should have better success at Michigan.
CEO right?

Personally, that offense was dynamic when Harbaugh had the right pieces. Then we lost our speed decoy in Moss, our speed TE in Delanie, and I think Iupati (or was it Boone?) also was let go. Once the O line was weakened and we lost speed, that offense became ordinary. My point is that the *lack of success* under Harbaugh - if you can call 3 conference championships and a super bowl a *lack of success* - was more on the drafting side with Baalke than Harbaugh.

Agreed with you. Delanie Walker let everyone know that Harbaugh wanted him back but Baalke said no. We all know in this case who made a mistake. It is understandable if you are Harbaugh that it was frustrated to work with Baalke.

I thought it is clear in hindsight that York at the time should have let Baalke go and retained Harbaugh.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for 9ers4eva.
Originally posted by littleken:
Agreed with you. Delanie Walker let everyone know that Harbaugh wanted him back but Baalke said no. We all know in this case who made a mistake. It is understandable if you are Harbaugh that it was frustrated to work with Baalke.

I thought it is clear in hindsight that York at the time should have let Baalke go and retained Harbaugh.

Should've let them both go and hired Shanny back then.
CEO right?

People can hate on him all they want but he did make the brilliant call to hire John Lynch. He took a big risk and we are all reaping the benefits from it

Shanny was the brilliant hire

Shanny picked Lynch

York is the final word on any GM hirings regardless of who the coaching candidates prefer. He had role to play with bringing them on board. Like it or not he deserves credit

ill give him credit for staying out of Shannys way

which is great for the niners

Haha fair enough man. I honestly feel like Jed gets an unnecessary amount of hate thrown his way. He's not the incompetent tool that everyone makes him out to be.

He really isn't and the irony is most of the people who criticize him are incompetent tools. *Kanye shrug*
Share 49ersWebzone