Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
CEO right?

s**t, i dunno. Whatever he does, he sucks at it.

Kinda not really, though. Under his watch we got jim, Kyle, and a new stadium. That's some legit success in the NFL. You can hate his guts all you want, but he's done some good things.

The ironic thing about Jed is after letting Harbaugh go, he asked fans to hold him accountable and that we "SHOULD jump down his throat." So by constantly hating on him ever since, we're actually giving him what he asked for. Literally...

In Hindsight letting Harbaugh go was the right move. That offense him and Roman ran was really hard to watch. The only reason we had success with him was Fangio and that amazing defense. Shanahan is the truth

Personally, that offense was dynamic when Harbaugh had the right pieces. Then we lost our speed decoy in Moss, our speed TE in Delanie, and I think Iupati (or was it Boone?) also was let go. Once the O line was weakened and we lost speed, that offense became ordinary. My point is that the *lack of success* under Harbaugh - if you can call 3 conference championships and a super bowl a *lack of success* - was more on the drafting side with Baalke than Harbaugh.

Agreed with you. Delanie Walker let everyone know that Harbaugh wanted him back but Baalke said no. We all know in this case who made a mistake. It is understandable if you are Harbaugh that it was frustrated to work with Baalke.

I thought it is clear in hindsight that York at the time should have let Baalke go and retained Harbaugh.

At that point in time, Jed was in Baalke's back pocket, so I can understand not only Harbaugh's frustration with Baalke but with Jed too. So the incident about Harbaugh not posing for Jed in a picture, makes sense to me. Harbaugh wanted out and didn't want to work with Baalke. Baalke won the political battle but lost the war. GM, by definition works for the Coach, not the other way around. Baalke was stupid enough to think the coach works for him. Thank god that doofus is gone.
At that point in time, Jed was in Baalke's back pocket, so I can understand not only Harbaugh's frustration with Baalke but with Jed too. So the incident about Harbaugh not posing for Jed in a picture, makes sense to me. Harbaugh wanted out and didn't want to work with Baalke. Baalke won the political battle but lost the war. GM, by definition works for the Coach, not the other way around. Baalke was stupid enough to think the coach works for him. Thank god that doofus is gone.

I don't think Harbaugh's personality lend itself to have Jed gravitate to be on his side. Harbaugh has that 'if you don't like it, tough s**t' attitude. Jed may recognize Harbaugh's talent as coach in the locker room, but personality wise, Jed would most likely gravitate to someone else. In this case Baalke. Maybe Jed trusted Baalke to find someone equally as good as Harbaugh since he did help get Harbaugh to the Niners from Stanford.

Harbaugh has that push your button personality. You have to put up with me, I don't have to put up with you type.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 7, 2018 at 9:26 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
2018 offseason could possibly shape the next 5-10 years of this franchise. Huge huge offseason and I'm so glad we have Peters as one of the guys who will have a lot of input in it.

Let's hope Jed keeps his opinions to himself and not his wallet.
Future GM of the Year
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

Peters>Lynch. Lynch is just a puppet. pft...eli harold, my ass.
Originally posted by susweel:
Never heard of him

Don't worry. NIner talk does a horrible job talking about successful people/players (buckner) and only harp about useless players, (AA and Thomas) Let's show this man more appreciation.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Never heard of him

Don't worry. NIner talk does a horrible job talking about successful people/players (buckner) and only harp about useless players, (AA and Thomas) Let's show this man more appreciation.

What does he do ? Did he give the okay on drafting that injury prone thug foster ?
Never heard of him

What does he do ? Did he give the okay on drafting that injury prone thug foster ?

He's a great talent evaluator. Since Lynch is a rookie GM, they needed someone who can evaluate talent and Peters was known to be one of the best. Yes, Foster is a dumb animal but he's talented. The 49ers had a strong offseason last year and i mostly attribute that to Peters. He's going to be one hell of a GM one day and I'm afraid that day will come very soon.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Never heard of him

He's a great talent evaluator. Since Lynch is a rookie GM, they needed someone who can evaluate talent and Peters was known to be one of the best. Yes, Foster is a dumb animal but he's talented. The 49ers had a strong offseason last year and i mostly attribute that to Peters. He's going to be one hell of a GM one day and I'm afraid that day will come very soon.

Lynch is a fast learner. By then he'll know everything Peters would know. And besides, Lynch has good relations with Mike Shanahan, who I think is an unofficial GM for his son Kyle. Just my opinion, please don' *Lynch* me.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
CEO right?

s**t, i dunno. Whatever he does, he sucks at it.

People can hate on him all they want but he did make the brilliant call to hire John Lynch. He took a big risk and we are all reaping the benefits from it

Shanny was the brilliant hire

Shanny picked Lynch

York is the final word on any GM hirings regardless of who the coaching candidates prefer. He had role to play with bringing them on board. Like it or not he deserves credit

ill give him credit for staying out of Shannys way

which is great for the niners

Haha fair enough man. I honestly feel like Jed gets an unnecessary amount of hate thrown his way. He's not the incompetent tool that everyone makes him out to be.

He really isn't and the irony is most of the people who criticize him are incompetent tools. *Kanye shrug*

He has done a fantastic job. He handled the Harbaugh situation and the transition from Harbaugh brilliantly. Anyone who disagrees is definitely an incompetent tool.
That's right. Show this man some love!
There's a profile of him on the Athletic today actually, really good. Talks about how Elway really wanted to keep him and could've blocked him, but he saw the extra responsibility in the 9ers job and how much Peters wanted to work for us so let him go. Sounds like Belichick liked him too when he was with the Pats.

Really hope the idea is to eventually promote Lynch and let Peters take over as GM, having that kind of continuity could set us up for years.
Last years draft and FA was really solid. Good football players and likeable people, seems like a team is coming together
Share 49ersWebzone